I will introduce the best Cobol courses(Udemy) and good books in this article.
- 1 courses(Udemy)
- 2 books
Mainframe: Code DB2 on COBOL Programs for Absolute Beginners
- Mainframe programmer who knows basics of TSO/ISPF, JCL, and Cobol
- Anyone who wants to learn DB2 on COBOL.
- This course is not for DB2 DBA but for Mainframe programmers.
Mainframe: The Complete TSO/ISPF from Beginner to Expert
"Welcome to the Most In-Depth and Quality Content Course of TSO/ISPF from a Real Expert with more than 15 years of Experience."
- The Course is full of quality content that you will not find anywhere on the Internet
- Learn from an expert who has a passion for training
- The Course covers Real Training with the aim to provide knowledge which is similar to corporate training.
Mainframe: The Complete COBOL Course From Beginner To Expert
The Course is a complete COBOL course -
- The course starts from Introduction of COBOL, history and versions of COBOL
- Data types, Structure and various level clause are covered in detail
- Complete demonstration of executing a program is shown
- How to compile and execute a program is covered with ease.
- All 4 DIVISIONS of COBOL are illustrated, edited, documented and defined.
- Most of the programs are coded while explanation and tested and debugged in front of you.
- The Quality ad Quantity of the course is great. It covers all the topics in COBOL starting from Scratch.
- Basic details of TSO/ISPF and JCL is also included along with COBOL.
- Multiple programs have been coded, assembled and aligned to suit the theory part which we covered.
Beginning COBOL for Programmers
This book is for you if you are a developer who would like to—or must—add COBOL to your repertoire.
Perhaps you recognize the opportunities presented by the current COBOL skills crisis or are working in a mission-critical enterprise that retains legacy COBOL applications.
Whatever your situation, Beginning COBOL for Programmers meets your needs as an established programmer moving to COBOL.
Murach's Mainframe COBOL
This book is the #1 choice of professional COBOL programmers.
It is the only book that shows how to design, code, test, and maintain structured COBOL programs on the IBM mainframes (or enterprise systems) that are used by the largest companies in the world.
Besides COBOL, this book presents the IBM products that every mainframe programmer needs to know including TSO, ISPF, OS/390 JCL, VSAM Access Method Services, CICS, and DB2.
Modern Mainframe Development: COBOL, Databases, and Next-Generation Approaches
By the end of this book, you'll have a solid understanding of the mainframe architecture and ecosystem, including core concepts and technologies such as COBOL, REXX, JCL, Db2, VSAM, and CICS.
You'll also learn how to blend in newer technologies such as the cloud, AI and machine learning, and microservices.
This handbook is indispensable for enterprises looking to thrive in the new digital world.
Visual COBOL: A Developer's Guide to Modern COBOL
Forget what you think you may know about COBOL.
Even though the language is more than 50 years old, COBOL applications still reign in the world of enterprise IT.
With billions of transactions executed every day and often running behind the scenes, COBOL systems touch many aspects of our daily lives.